Thursday, April 8, 2010

Something random...

I inserted a headset in my ears and started walking down the lane. I crossed the road and left behind few apartments, a superstore, a cafe and a bookstore. A thought crossed my mind that questioned me, 'why don't you go in that bookstore someday to browse some books and pick up some interesting ones?' I instantaneously allowed that thought to evaporate as I prefer to buy books from those roadside vendors. Yes, those are pirated copies but light on my pocket.

I took right turn and continued walking on the clean pavement and came across the fountain. 'It was just a stone fountain in the morning but now it has come to life with water dancing on the tune of the song I am listening,' I thought. I suppressed a desire to stand there and capture the view of 'dancing water'. I went ahead, came across the building with dark blue transparent facade, and glanced at my reflection in the clear exterior of the building for a moment, as I usually do. The song I was listening to has ended and Radio Jockey started playing with words, I changed the radio frequency.

On another channel a song was going on describing the intoxication of first love. Though this song is one of the evergreen romantic tunes, I jumped on another frequency. Why I changed the song, I did not understand and I did not bother to understand. A few more steps and I reached the bus stop. Buses fully loaded with men and women passed by making me wait for my bus.

I was still standing at the bus stop when I recalled the song from Shahrukh's movie that goes - Tum mujhe kyun nahi mile pehle (why you did not meet me before). Next moment I saw my bus coming. I hung up the phone and climbed up the crowded air-conditioned bus when it came to a halt. To my surprise the same song (about which I was thinking) was going on in the bus.

I removed my headset and switched off my radio before pushing it in my handbag. My mind was dancing on the tune of the song which was going on in the bus and I tried to imitate the movements of water of the fountain.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! First of all, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment was very kind and I appreciate it. And also I want to say that I just read your post and wow...you're a very good writer. There's a story in your post, and wonderful imagery. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks a lot for your comment. Such appreciation motivates me to write more and more.

    ReplyDelete